Title: Outreach Worker
Department: Legal Team
Hours: 8hrs Weekly
Type: Contractual, 6 months
African Communities Together (ACT) is an organization of African immigrants fighting for civil rights, opportunity, and a better life for our families here in the U.S. and worldwide. ACT works to support and empower African immigrants to integrate socially, advance economically, and engage civically. ACT connects African immigrants to services, empowers our members to develop as grassroots leaders, and leads campaigns for social change. ACT’s African immigrant membership comes from a diverse range of nationalities, cultures, and languages, and is religiously diverse, majority women, and predominantly working-class and low-income.
The Outreach worker will support and provide key assistance in ACT’s work as a satellite site for the Asylum Seeker Navigation Center including:
- Assist with client coordination for upcoming events.
- Assist with case management for newly arrived migrants, including intaking eligible persons.
- Engage in outreach activities and serve as a liaison between newly arrived African migrants and ACT and other Community Based Organizations.
- Assist in gathering and collecting data of newly arrived migrants in New York City.
- Work with the Community Navigator to plan and facilitate Know Your Rights throughout the New York City boroughs.
- Additional clerical/administrative duties as needed, including but not limited to filing, sorting, organizing paperwork, aiding in case management for newly arrived migrants.
- Performs other key duties as required.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Dedicated interest and passion for working with immigrant communities experience with working with vulnerable communities.
- Excellent computer skills including familiarity with excel and other data collection applications/ programs.
- Experience in working with large data collection and maintaining data, updating regularly in preparation for program reporting.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, clients, and other community organizations.
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines.
Compensation: $22 / Hourly