African Communities Together is seeking full time and part time paid canvassers ahead of the November midterm election. Paid Canvassers will be responsible for engaging African/Black Diaspora voters across Pennsylvania districts and encouraging them to make plans to vote. Prior experience with political campaigns is preferred, but not required.
● Go door to door speaking with African/Black community voters about the upcoming election
● Tracking conversation results in MiniVAN
● Talking with voters about relevant issues that might come up at the door
Skills and Qualifications:
● Strong verbal communication skills
● Comfortable talking to and engaging with voters on politics and the candidates’ stances
● Living in, the ability to commute to, or willing to relocate to the Greater Philadelphia area
● A valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and a smartphone that can operate MiniVAN
Shifts take place on weekday evenings and weekends. Schedule is flexible for when applicants
are able to make shifts (must be willing to work some weekends).
Pay: $20/hour (dependent on experience) contract work.
To apply please email a resume and 2-3 sentences on why you’re interested to email@example.com with “ PA Paid Canvasser - YOUR NAME” in the subject line.
ACT is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. ACT is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law.